UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is the UN agency mandated to protect people forced to flee their homes and find safety in other countries. The national office of UNHCR Ireland works to safeguard the rights and well-being of refugees, asylum-seekers and stateless people in Ireland through the provision of guidance, training and support to the authorities and the promotion of best international standards in legislation, policy and procedures. We also provide, in some instances, assistance, support and advice to individual refugees, asylum-seekers, stateless persons and people working on their behalf.
What can UNHCR do for you?
You can contact our office if you are unsure where to find help, including for the following reasons::
- If you are stateless in Ireland and need assistance
- To verify relevant information with our colleagues in UNHCR offices in other countries. For example, we can verify if you and/or a family member have been previously granted refugee status in another country, have been recognised as a refugee by UNHCR in another country, or if you have resided in a UNHCR camp in another country. Confirmation of this information can may be useful to your claim for status in Ireland and/or for family reunification purposes
- Verification of your previous registration with the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees in the Near East (UNRWA)
- To receive information on our travel assistance programme which assists refugees or those granted subsidiary protection in overcoming the financial and administrative obstacles to family reunification. This programme is supported by International Organisation for Migration (IOM) and the Irish Red Cross
- To receive information on topics like resettlement and family reunification
All UNHCR support and advice is free of charge:
Please note that UNHCR does not offer legal advice. You can find out more about legal aid and the asylum process in Ireland here.
Phone: (01) 631 4510
Whatsapp: 089 247 2984
Email: [email protected]
Office Address: 102 Pembroke Road, Ballsbridge, Dublin 4
How do I get to the office?
By DART (train)
The nearest DART station to the office is Lansdowne Road.
There are several buses that stop near to the office: 4, 7, 7a, 18, 25x, 38, 38a, 38b, 38d, 39, 39a
We are only a 30-minute walk from the city centre, straight up Baggot Street to Pembroke Road.
Please note that while the office can sometimes facilitate drop-ins, it is always best to call ahead to book an appointment.