You can find our Guide to the International Protection Procedure in Ireland here in 20 languages
Please note, the International Protection strand of the regularisation scheme for long-term undocumented migrants closed on 7 August 2022 and there are no plans to re-open it.
There are steps you can take to stay safe, find tips here.
Are you a refugee coming from Ukraine to Ireland? You can find general information from the Irish Government here, or read our help page for people fleeing Ukraine here.
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, created the help.unhcr.org/ireland website for refugees, asylum-seekers and stateless persons in Ireland.
Here you will find useful information and links, including answers to the following questions:
- What can UNHCR Ireland do for you?
- Where to seek help in Ireland?
- How to apply for asylum in Ireland?
- What are the rights and duties of asylum-seekers?
- How to get reunited with your close family members (family reunification)
- How to return to your home country
Are you seeking help for relatives or friends abroad? Please visit the overview of the UNHCR’s help pages for different countries or contact the UNHCR country office.
This page will be continually updated.