You can find our Guide to the International Protection Procedure in Ireland here in 20 languages.
Please note, the International Protection strand of the regularisation scheme for long-term undocumented migrants closed on 7 August 2022 and there are no plans to re-open it.
There are steps you can take to stay safe, find tips here.
Are you a refugee coming from Ukraine to Ireland? You can find general information from the Irish Government here, or read our help page for people fleeing Ukraine here.
A Ukrainian and Russian language helpline and message service is operating through UNHCR Ireland
Every Thursday from 2pm-5pm. Queries can be sent via WhatsApp or Telegram (calls and messages).
+353 (0)89 490 2920
Queries can also be sent in Ukrainian or Russian to: [email protected]
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, created the help.unhcr.org/ireland website for refugees, asylum-seekers and stateless persons in Ireland.
Here you will find useful information and links, including answers to the following questions:
- What can UNHCR Ireland do for you?
- Where to seek help in Ireland?
- How to apply for asylum in Ireland?
- What are the rights and duties of asylum-seekers?
- How to get reunited with your close family members (family reunification)
- How to return to your home country
This page will be continually updated.