UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency created this website for refugees and asylum-seekers in Cyprus. On this website you will be able to find information about:
- Procedures for persons arriving from Ukraine.
- COVID-19, including leaflets in English, Somali, Bengali, Filipino, Georgian, Hindi, Kurmanji, Persian, Sorani, Turkish, Urdu and Vietnamese as well as Arabic and French.
- How you can apply for asylum in Cyprus
- Where you can seek help, and information about services available through NGOs and other organisations
- Your rights and duties as an asylum-seeker in Cyprus
- General information about living in Cyprus
- Your rights and duties as a refugee in Cyprus including access to education and healthcare
- Support programmes to help you integrate into your new community
- How you can apply for family reunification and the procedure for reunification with a close family member in another European country
- UNHCR’s role and work in Cyprus
- The procedure for transferring to another European country
Here you can also download and print our leaflet with general information for refugees and asylum-seekers in Cyprus in 12 languages: Arabic, Bangla, English, French, Hindi, Kurdish, Lingala, Nepali, Persian, Somali, Turkish and Urdu.
This website is continually updated.