UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, created this website for refugees and asylum seekers in the United States. On this website, you will find information about:
- Where you can ask for help in the United States
- How you can apply for asylum in the United States
- What rights and duties you have as a refugee or as an asylum seeker in the United States
- UNHCR’s role and activities in the United States
- Contact information for our office
The page will be continually updated.
The content of this website draws from publically-available information produced by U.S Citizenship and Immigration Services; Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration; Executive Office for Immigration Review; Office of Refugee Resettlement; Florence Project, American Immigration Council; University of Miami School of Law; Human Rights First; American Immigration Lawyers Association; National Immigrant Justice Center; Church World Service, and UNHCR.
This website does not serve as legal counsel. For all legal questions, UNHCR advises consulting with a qualified immigration lawyer.