Contact Us

Free Counselling

UNHCR Korea provides counselling service for persons of concern to UNHCR, including asylum-seekers, humanitarian status holders and recognised refugees. The aim for counselling is to provide useful information for asylum-seekers and refugees in Korea. Our counselling is free of charge.   

You can contact our office for counselling via phone every Monday and Wednesday (2:00pm to 5:00pm) by calling below number. Otherwise, you can send us your inquiries via below email address. If you would like to have in-person counselling with UNHCR staff at our office, please make an appointment first by phone or email to ensure that our staffs are available and ready for your visit. 

  • Counselling via phone: 📞 02-773-7003 (Every Monday and Wednesday, 2:00pm to 5:00pm) 
  • Counselling via email: 📧 [email protected] 
  • Counselling via visit: 🏢 by prior appointment. Please make your appointment via phone or email 

Please note that UNHCR Korea can only assist refugees or asylum-seekers in need of assistance who are in the Republic of Korea. If you are a refugee or asylum-seeker in need of assistance and are outside of Korea, please visit our UNHCR global directory and contact the UNHCR office in your current country of residence. 

Reporting Misconduct

Anyone having concerns or suspicions about possible misconduct by a UNHCR staff member (or anyone with a contractual link with UNHCR) can report such concerns directly to the UNHCR’s Inspector General’s Office (IGO). The IGO keeps the information it receives confidential 

Contact Details

If you have any concerns or suspicions about possible fraud committed by refugees, humanitarian status holders and asylum-seekers, in relation to services provided by UNHCR or its partners, please report to the following email address: [email protected] 

Alternatively, you may drop a message in UNHCR comments’ box, at the entrance of our office, or contact our counselling line and/or book an appointment.  

Related information

<< Back to South Korea homepage >> Select another country on our Help page