The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is an international, independent, humanitarian, non-profit organization, established in 1946. It is the only Norwegian organization specialized in international work with displaced and refugee populations.
What services do they offer?
- Free information, orientation and legal advice services to asylum seekers and refugees in Panama.
- They promote effective access for asylum seekers to the refugee status determination procedure administered by the National Office for the Attention of Refugees of Panama (ONPAR).
- They ensure that people who have international protection needs can access Panamanian territory and that they are not returned to their countries of origin.
- They present timely legal resources.
- Improve the population’s ability to enforce and exercise basic rights (health, education, work and housing), and ensure that informed decisions are made about durable solutions options specific to their situation, especially local integration.
Phones: (507) 6589-4993, 6020-1876, 6589-4875, 6020-2610, 6020-2772, 6020-2786, 6674-8783, 6589-5016
Address: Torre Banco Delta, Floor 3, office 301. On the corner between Calle Elvira Méndez and Via España.
Office hours: Monday -Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
How to get there:
- By subway: Get off at the Iglesia del Carmen station at the exit that leads to Calle Elvira Méndez.
- By bus: Board the Metrobus on the Vía España route and get off at the Hotel El Panamá stop (it is located in front of the Elvira Méndez street exit), cross to the opposite sidewalk, enter Elvira Méndez street, walk 50 meters and you will find the entrance to the Banco Delta Tower to your right.
- By car: Elvira Méndez street is one way. You must enter Calle 50 and turn left at the corner where Torre Tower Bank is located. The Torre Banco Delta is at the end of the street, on the left (a little before its completion in Via España). There are few parking spaces and you must pay for their use.