Information for Afghan refugees on voluntary repatriation cash grant
UNHCR would like to share information related to the facilitated voluntary repatriation programme for the Afghan refugees. In order to be eligible for UNHCR assistance In Afghanistan, registered refugees need to go to a UNHCR Voluntary Repatriation Centre (VRC) to be processed and issued with a Voluntary Repatriation Form (VRF). Afghan refugees in Pakistan who wish to proceed through the Voluntary Repatriation Centre in Nowshera, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and in Baleli, Balochistan are encouraged to contact the following UNHCR helpline numbers. Voluntary Repatriation helpline for Khyber Pakhtunkhwa: 📞 03000544491 📞 030005444 92 📞 03000544496 📞 03008585600 Voluntary Repatriation helpline for Balochistan: 📞 0333 0792974 📞 0333 1511636 📞 0812827353 UNHCR provides each registered refugee returnee holding a valid VRF with a one-off cash grant of US $375 to cover transportation and other immediate needs upon arrival. This grant will be available at the Encashment Centres (ECs) inside Afghanistan, located in Nangarhar, Kandahar, Kabul and Herat provinces, starting the day after you receive your VRF in the host country. For the refugees, who opted to voluntarily return to Afghanistan from 1 January 2023 onwards, in addition to $375 per person:
- They will receive US $700 per family consisting of two or more members.
- A family of one member will receive USD350.
- This additional supplementary amount will be provided three months after their arrival to the areas of origin in Afghanistan.
- If the whole family does not return at once, the first part of the family to arrive will receive US $350 regardless of the number of family members.
- If other members from the same family return later, they will receive the remaining US $350.
- If a third part of the same family returns after the first two groups, it will not receive the cash grant.