UNHCR provides a trusted, respectful, and inclusive environment where you should feel safe.
Anyone with questions, concerns, complaints, or suggestions is welcome to contact UNHCR. Anyone with concerns or suspicions about possible misconduct by UNHCR or UNHCR’s NGO partners, regardless of that person’s position, should report it immediately.
What is misconduct?
All UN staff and UNHCR partner staff, are bound to a Code of Conduct. Possible misconduct can include:
- Sexual exploitation and abuse against persons of concern to UNHCR
- Fraud (e.g. falsifying a document)
- Corruption (e.g. taking money from refugees or others)
- Theft and embezzlement (e.g. stealing equipment or money)
- Harassment, including sexual harassment
- Assault, threats or retaliation
- Non-compliance with local laws
To contact UNHCR for individual support and assistance:
Several options are available for you to submit complaints and feedback to UNHCR. Depending on where you live, these can include complaint boxes, Information Feedback Points, Community Support Centres (CSC), Community Outreach Volunteers, or Accountability Officers.
Additionally, you can contact UNHCR via the:
For more information, or to make a complaint or provide feedback UNHCR assistance, call the Iraq Information Centre (IIC) toll-free at 80069999. All calls are confidential. The IIC can be reached 8:00 am – 6:00 pm (Sunday – Thursday) and 9:00 am – 3:00 pm (weekends and holidays). You can also request a call-back by sending ‘HELP’ and your phone number via SMS to 80069999, or via Facebook messenger (@IICInfo) and IIC operators will call you. Do not send details about your situation over the internet.
- All calls to the Iraq Information Centre Helpline are free of charge
- Operators will ask for your registration number, your preferred language of communication, and if you would be more comfortable speaking to an operator from your gender. If you do not have a registration number, IIC operators will still take your call and refer your data to UNHCR registration after responding to your inquiries.
- IIC operators speak Arabic, English, and Sorani and Bahdini Kurdish.
All calls are confidential and free of charge