I need a lawyer and/or an interpreter in my case

State legal aid, which means having a lawyer provided by the State, is free of charge for people who are unable to pay for a lawyer to represent them. To receive state legal aid, you can contact the Directorate of Immigration.

During the asylum procedure, if you need an interpreter, the Directorate of Immigration will provide you with an interpreter.

< Back to How to Apply for Asylum in Iceland << Back to Help Iceland homepage >> Select another country on our Help homepage