I need a lawyer and/or an interpreter in my case

State legal aid, which means having a lawyer provided by the State, is free of charge for people who are unable to pay for a lawyer to represent them. To receive state legal aid, you can contact the Public Legal Aid Office nearest to you.

You can also contact the Finnish Refugee Advice Center which may be able to provide legal assistance in your case.

During the asylum procedure, if you need an interpreter, the Finnish Immigration Service will provide you with an interpreter.

Back to How to Apply for Asylum in Finland << Back to Help Finland homepage >> Select another country on our Help homepage