I need a lawyer and/or an interpreter in my case

You have the right to be represented by a lawyer if your asylum application has been rejected by the Danish Immigration Service. If you do not choose a lawyer, the Refugee Appeals Board will appoint one on your behalf that is free of charge.

You can also contact the Danish Refugee Council, which may be able to provide legal assistance in your case. If you are in prison in Denmark, contact the prison staff and tell them that you want to have a meeting with the Danish Refugee Council, who may be able to assist you. At any stage during the asylum procedure, if you need an interpreter, the Danish immigration authorities should provide you with an interpreter.

Back to How to Apply for Asylum in Denmark

<< Back to Help Denmark homepage
>> Select another country on our Help page