For generic questions and queries, please see the contact details of UNHCR Offices in Somalia.
To report fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse or aid diversion, please follow the steps below.
Reporting Fraud or Sexual Exploitation and Abuse
What is fraud?
All UNHCR services are free of charge. Do not trust any individual or organisation asking you to pay for the services of UNHCR or its partners. If money or any other form of favours, including of a sexual nature, is requested from you, in exchange of UNHCR services, please report it to UNHCR immediately.
Sexual Exploitation and Abuse are unacceptable behaviours and prohibited for all United Nations Staff and Non-Governmental Organization (NGO) staff members.
What is Sexual Exploitation and Abuse?
It is any actual or attempted abuse of a position of vulnerability, differential power, or trust, for sexual purposes.
In line with the United Nations standards of conduct, all staff members of UNHCR and NGO partners must not:
- Engage in sexual activity with anyone in exchange for money, employment, preferential treatment, goods or services,
- Have sexual activity with anyone under the age of 18 years old,
- Engage in any other form of sexually humiliating, degrading or exploitative behaviour.
Allegations of fraud/wrong doing/malfeasance on the part of any UNHCR personnel or any person with a contractual relationship with UNHCR should immediately be referred to the Inspector General’s Office (IGO) for investigation. The IGO’s office can be confidentially contacted via:
- Email: [email protected]
- Confidential fax: +41 22 739 7380
- Hotline: +41 22 739 8844
- Mail: UNHCR, 94 Rue de Montbrillant, 1202 Geneva, Switzerland
Allegations of fraud can also be made through :
- UNHCR Somalia inbox: [email protected]
In your report, you should include:
- What happened?
- Describe in detail what you know about the incident(s).
- Who committed the alleged wrongdoing?
- Do you know if anyone else was involved? Please provide full names, job titles and organization, if possible.
- When and where did the incident(s) occur?
- Please include dates and times, if possible.
Your report will be treated with outmost discretion and kept strictly confidential.
In making your complaint, provide all information that you believe is relevant. Anonymous complaints will be considered but it may be difficult to efficiently address your concern if we cannot contact you.
Do not put yourself in danger by trying to do your own investigations. Reporting fraud and corruption is an obligation for all refugees and asylum seekers and will not result in you receiving any direct reward or special treatment.