In Ecuador there can be several natural disasters such as earthquakes, ash falls, or floods.
To be ready, you can create a Family Emergency Plan, in which you must include ✅ what to do before, during and after a natural disaster. Having this information ready helps you proceed in a planned manner without jeopardizing the lives of people living in your home. See more information in family emergency plan.
Moreover, it is important for you to organize an emergency backpack ?, which should contain:
- ? Water: consider 2 liters per person per day (include small bottles as they are easier to move)
- ? Food: canned food and energy bars
- ? Manual can opener
- ? Flashlights and batteries
- ? Portable radio with extra batteries
- ? First aid kit
- ? Special items such as medicines and glasses. Consider the needs of children, seniors, and persons with disabilities.
- ? Replacement home and car keys.
- ? Cash
- ? Copy of the Emergency Plan
In the boxes below you can find specific information about what to do in the event of a specific natural disaster.