✅ Naturalization is the procedure by which a refugee or refugee applicant who has remained in the country for more than 2 years can access Ecuadorian nationality.

Below you can find information to access naturalization:

  1. Request a Naturalization appointment at:
  2. Application form for Ecuadorian nationality by Naturalization Letter to be completed in the corresponding Zonal Coordination of the applicant’s place of domicile.
  3. Regular and continuous residence in Ecuador of at least 2 years at the time of the application.
  4. Not having been away from Ecuadorian territory for a maximum period of one hundred and eighty days (180) per year, during the first 2 years, counted from the issuance of the permanent residence visa.
  5. Being over 18 years old by the application date.
  6. For children under 18 years of age, the consent of those who have their parental authority or legal guardianship is required and the opinion of children and adolescents shall be heard in accordance with the law.
  7. Original Birth Certificate, duly apostilled or legalized and translated into Spanish if applicable.
  8. Supplementary proof of filiation or birth data, duly apostilled or legalized and translated into Spanish if applicable. This documentation will only be requested in exceptional cases determined by the Directorate of Visas and Naturalization.
  9. ID card and passport in which the residence visa is included.
  10. Knowing the national symbols.
  11. Criminal record of the place of residence for the last five years, duly apostilled or legalized and translated into Spanish if applicable.
  12. Migration Movement updated by the application date.
  13. Presenting in an interview the reasons why you wish to become an Ecuadorian.  
  14. Demonstrating lawful livelihoods in the country, except in the case of children under 18 years of age or persons with disabilities who are financially dependent on a third party who must demonstrate lawful livelihoods.                                                                                                                      

? If you need legal guidance, you can contact the Defensoría Pública (Public Defender’s Office) or the Consejo Noruego para Refugiados (Norwegian Refugee Council.)