Migration controls

Authorities ?‍♂️?‍♀️ can carry out migration control operations. If during one of these operations, you are fined or notified with the order to leave the country you can get legal guidance at the Defensoría Pública (Public Defender’s Office).

⚠️ Warning! Make sure you leave home with all your documents (identity document and visa, if you have one), show them if an authority asks you for them, particularly during migration control operations.