I am pregnant, I am under 18 years old, and my child is going to be born in Ecuador, what should I do?

You can access public health services, which are free, no matter where you were born, your age or whether you have documents or not.

Call ?171 option 1 for free and make an appointment for pregnancy control.

If your child ?is born in Ecuador, you have the right to register him/her without anyone asking you for any permission or authorization.

⛔ The fact that you are under 18 does not mean people can force you to stay in the hospital or prevent you from registering your child. If you need help, contact the Defensoría del Pueblo (Ombudsman’s Office).