- The Republic of Serbia is a country in the Western Balkans. Serbia’s capital is Belgrade. The Constitution of the Republic of Serbia proclaims Serbia as “the state of the Serbian people and all its citizens, based on the rule of law and social justice, the principles of civil democracy, human and minority rights and freedoms, and commitment to European principles and values”;
- Serbia is home to some 40 different nationalities. The dominant religion is Orthodox Christianity (84.98 percent), followed by Roman Catholic (5.48 percent), Islam (3.2 percent), and Protestantism (1.08 percent);
- Serbia does not have a state religion – religious holidays are not considered state holidays;
- Country calling code: +381;
- National currency: Serbian Dinar (RSD);
- Time zone: Central European CET (GMT +1 hour);
- Official language: Serbian;
- Working days: Monday to Friday; Non-working days: Saturday and Sunday.
>> What is the role of UNHCR in the Republic of Serbia?