Returning to your home country

If you would like to return to your home country and it is safe to do so, UNHCR is able help you find the information you need and refer you to a scheme called Assisted Voluntary Return and Reintegration (AVRR) which is operated by the International Organization for Migration (IOM). The AVRR scheme can facilitate your return to your home country, including the costs of travel.  

Please note, if it is too dangerous for you to return home, UNHCR cannot help you return. 
UNHCR can also give you information about the situation in your home country and region, link you with IOM, work with you to get the paperwork you need from the Indonesian government. If you qualify, you can receive a small cash grant from IOM who decides on whether you are eligible. Please remember that UNHCR does NOT manage this and the decision on assistance depends on IOM. 

If you wish to return home, you can submit your request at: 

UNHCR will contact you for the next steps. 

 If you do not have a passport IOM can assist you in obtaining a new one to facilitate return to your country.  

Related information

<< Back to Indonesia homepage >> Select another country on our Help page