Police department / Policía Nacional Civil: 110. Visit their website here.
Municipal firefighters / Bomberos municipales: 123. Visit their website here.
Ambulances of the Guatemalan Social Security Institute / Ambulancias del Instituto Guatemalteco de Seguridad Social: 128
Office of the Human Rights Ombudsman / Procuraduría de Derechos Humanos: 1555. Visit their website here.
Office of the Attorney General / Procuraduría General de la Nación: 2414-8787. Visit their website here.
Other useful numbers
- National HIV/AIDS and Coronavirus Information Line: 1540
- Drug counseling and prevention/Crisis line for drug addicts: 1545
- Roosevelt Hospital (Guatemala City): 2321-7400
- San Juan de Dios Hospital (Guatemala City): 2321-9191
- Attention to women victims of physical, psychological, and sexual violence / Line to report missing women: 1572.
Attention 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Call center against extortion: 1574
If you have suffered sexual and gender-based violence in your country of origin, during your transit or stay in Guatemala
Any organization mentioned on this website can provide you with support, if you are not close to any of them you should go to a hospital or health center within the first 3 days (72 hours) so that they can provide you with medical treatment to avoid sexually transmitted infections such as HIV/AIDS, unwanted pregnancies and receive free and confidential medical attention and psychological support.
You can find the list of Public Hospitals here.
Other links of interest
- Visit the Volunteer Firefighters website here.
- Visit the Attorney General’s Office -the public prosecutor- website here.
- Visit the website of the Police department here.
- Visit the website of the Institute of Public Criminal Defense here.
- Visit the website of the Human Rights Ombudsman’s office here.
- Visit the website of the Attorney General’s Office here.
- Visit the Judicial System website here.
Humanitarian assistance through UNHCR partners and services of other institutions in Guatemala