UNHCR Egypt is extending the reduction of its activities and postponement of interviews until further notice. However, revised arrangements for some Registration, RSD and Resettlement activities will be gradually implemented. Visit each section to learn more.
Since the partial suspension of its activities, UNHCR has remained in contact with refugees and with the different communities through various channels of communication and has ensured the following services:
- Financial assistance is maintained.
- Essential services related to Gender-based violence (GBV) and Child Protection are on-going, prioritizing emergency cases and ensuring low volumes of applicants.
- Protection, Reception and Counseling take place through phones (Infoline) and emails referred to in the below table.
- In compliance with the recommended precautionary measures against COVID-19, UNHCR Egypt has revised the arrangements for Registration, RSD and Resettlement activities which will be gradually implemented. Please visit each section to know how to reach each service.
- Two new numbers have been added to the Infoline to facilitate the communication of refugees and asylum-seekers with UNHCR as follows:
|Greater Cairo||Alexandria and the North Coast|
|01202873434 | 01202873414|
01202873179 | 01224773459
01202873184 | 01202873011
01202873215 | 01202872744
01272960630 | 01289976699
|Working Hours: |
Sunday – Wednesday: 09:00 – 15:00
Thursday: 09:00 – 12:00
Sunday – Thursday: 09:00 – 15:00
UNHCR will continue to be reached via email through the following accounts:
|Service||Greater Cairo||Alexandria and the North Coast|
|Referrals for SGBV||[email protected]||[email protected]|
|Referrals for Child Protection||[email protected]||[email protected]|
|Referrals for Protection, Counseling & Reception||[email protected]||[email protected]|
UNHCR advises refugees to follow the recommendations given by the Egyptian authorities and in particular by the Ministry of Health and Population and the Ministry of Interior.