Last update: 18 May 2020
UNHCR Egypt is extending the reduction of its activities and postponement of interviews until May 28, 2020.
Since the partial suspension of its activities, UNHCR has remained in contact with refugees and with the different communities through various channels of communication and has ensured the following services:
- Financial assistance is maintained.
- Essential services related to sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV) and Child Protection are on-going in a reduced capacity, prioritizing emergency cases and ensuring low volumes of applicants.
- Protection, Reception and Counseling take place through phones (Infoline) and emails referred to in the attached table.
- Registration, Refugee Status Determination (RSD), Resettlement and Voluntary Repatriation interviews are postponed except for emergency cases. Refugees and asylum-seekers will be notified of the new date via SMS.
- Initial recording of new arrivals is possible via email pending formal registration upon resumption of activities.
- Refugees and asylum-seekers with registration-related questions such as new registration, verification and document renewal, family unity interviews, closure and separation interviews are highly encouraged to use the email address [email protected] to send their questions. Applicants without an email account can call the phone numbers 01202873019 or 01202873033 that are specifically designated to handle registration-related inquiries.
- Two new numbers have been added to the Infoline to facilitate the communication of refugees and asylum-seekers with UNHCR as follows:
|Greater Cairo||Alexandria and the North Coast|
|01202873434 | |
01202873414 01202873179 | 01202873307
01202873184 | 01202873011
01202873215 | 01202872744
|01272960630 | 01289976699 |
Emergency Protection (serious SGBV/CP/Detention cases): 01289911819
|Working Hours: |
Sunday – Wednesday: 09:00 – 14:00
Thursday: 09:00 – 12:00
Sunday – Thursday: 09:00 – 14:00
UNHCR will continue to be reached via email through the following accounts:
|Service||Greater Cairo||Alexandria and the North Coast|
|Referrals for SGBV||[email protected]||[email protected]|
|Referrals for Child Protection||[email protected]||[email protected]|
|Referrals for Protection, Counseling & Reception||[email protected]||[email protected]|
|Initial recording of new arrivals||[email protected]||[email protected]|
UNHCR advises refugees to follow the recommendations given by the Egyptian authorities and in particular by the Ministry of Health and Population and the Ministry of Interior.