Rights of refugees
- Protection against forced return to country of origin until a final decision is made; ii) Documentation, in particular a migratory permit;
- Family unity;
- Right to remunerated employment;
- Freedom of movement;
- Right to an interpreter of your language and any specialist that is required to facilitate communication with the Dominican authorities; Right to social security, and
- Any other right enjoyed by foreigners lawfully staying in the country.
Obligations of refugees
- Refrain from conducting activities which are forbidden to foreigners;
- Tell the truth and not hide any relevant information;
- Adequately identify members of the household or dependents and provide other information about relatives;
- Notify any changes of composition in the household (birth, marriage, divorce, or any other related change);
- Inform about place of residence (exact address) and notify within two (2) days any changes;
- Notify about the intention to leave the Dominican Republic, await the authorization and inform about return, and
- Renew their migratory documentation every year, abide by the Constitution and laws of the Dominican Republic.