The company NaTakallam offers high-quality, curated language services delivered by refugees and displaced persons through the “gig” economy. These services include translation, online language teaching and tutoring, as well as cultural exchange sessions.
In this moment, the company is seeking translators with document/text translation experience in French, Spanish, Portuguese or Turkish
The qualifications for these vacancies are:
- Displaced person (refugee, IDP, etc.) with native fluency in French, Spanish, Portuguese or Turkish;
- Proficiency in English required;
- University degree or higher;
- Experience in translation required;
- Diverse backgrounds welcome (lawyers, architects, artists, political activists, journalists, engineers, etc.);
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Motivated and has interpersonal skills;
- Technical writing skills;
- Good understanding of grammar;
- Accuracy and attention to detail;
- Software CAT tools proficiency preferred;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure;
- Flexible time schedule and availability
This is a freelance/independent contract opportunity. The compensation of the translators will range between 0.07-0.11 USD per word translated. Given the freelance nature of the work, there is no set schedule or guaranteed fixed compensation.
To do your application send your CV and a short cover letter in English (if possible) to [email protected]
Please write in the subject line: Freelance Translator Application.