The MARES project – Mediation for Refugee Learning and Refugee Applicants is an initiative of PARES (Refugee Assistance Program and Refugee Requesters) Caritas Rio de Janeiro in partnership with the Banco do Brasil Foundation and the Cisco Networking Academy.
The purpose of this project is the insertion of refugees and asylum seekers into the labor market. In the first half of 2019, 35 people from 16 countries attended classes. After the initial three months, it is already possible to say that the objective of the course is being reached, because refugees and refugee seekers are already being hired in various functions, especially in the service sector.
Currently, the MARES project offers 5 classes:
– Connect (20 hours): this course will be able to better understand the internet, computers and social networks. Learn how to use a computer, connect devices, do research, use email and social networks. No prior knowledge is required for this introductory course.
– Entrepreneurship (15 hours): this course aims to awaken the skills needed to plan, start a business and do financial management. No prerequisites are required.
– Introduction to Cyber Security (15 hours): the course teaches what cybersecurity is and the possible impact for you. It shows the importance of digital security and the protection of personal and business data. It addresses the most common threats, attacks, and vulnerabilities in computers. There are no prerequisites.
– Introduction to the Internet of Everything (30 hours): This course bridges gaps between operating systems and information technology to understand what the Internet of all things is. It aims to show the evolution of the interconnection between individuals and how the internet can change people’s lives through business and information exchange.
– CCNA – Cisco Certified Netwok Associate: (280 hours): This is a technical training that empowers the student to install, configure, operate and troubleshoot routers and switches in computer networks. The course has a workload of 280 hours and is divided into four modules with a duration of 70 hours each. The time for completion is approximately 9 months.
To find out more information about the course and how to apply, visit the site or contact Whatasapp: (21) 96730-2805.